Countrybike ltd is a UK registered limited company (company number 1122422)
Information we may collect from you
When signing up to our services directly or via the Linka Go app, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal Information: such as your name, email address, postal address and mobile number that you provide to the Platform in order to access the services, including if you register as a user of the Platform, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Platform or request any information.
- Login and account information, including mobile number, password and unique user ID.
- The location, date and time a bicycle was hired and returned.
- If you contact us, such as to report a problem, we will keep a record of that.
- Payment or credit card information.
Information we collect about you and your device each time you use the Linka Go app, we may automatically collect the following information in order to provide our services:
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting (“Device Information”);
- Information stored on your Device (Content Information);(such as Platform login information, phone number, payment information).
- Details of your use of our Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (“Log Information”).
- Location information: We use GPS technology to determine your location during your bike hire. You will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your location data, we will not be able to provide you the ability to hire the bikes.
How we will use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- For the purposes of processing payment of fees to use the bicycles.
- For use in fulfilling the bike hire service to you.
- Respond to any support queries that you may have.
- Improve usability of the Platform and services provided.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To send you communication which will provide details on how to use our service and the mobile application if used.
- To send you email notifications regarding the administration of your account (e.g., updating payment card details).
We may disclose some information about users of the Platform and our services, including anonymised data on your location and movement to selected third parties for research analysis, product development and for other lawful purposes, but this information will include no personally-identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law; if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime; to protect the Platform; to enforce the terms under which you transact with us; or to enforce the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Storing your personal information
We will retain your personal information only for so long as we need the personal information for our business and legal purposes. We will dispose of or delete such information if it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information. For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent a user account is deleted, we will not retain your personal information for longer than a period of 12 months, unless it is necessary for other purposes for which you have consented to (e.g. marketing).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information (e.g., by implementing reasonable technical and organisational measures to help safeguard your personal information), we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or via the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from our partner networks and affiliates (including, but not limited to, sites on which the Platform or the bicycles are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites, and any services that may be accessible through them, have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies or for any personal information that may be collected through those sites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to those sites or use those services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.