The Vineyard – Lamberhurst
The brilliant Vineyard pub in Lamberhurst is located just around the corner from Bewl Water and Scotney Castle, why not make the it your base for a perfect day out in the countryside. Lamberhurst bike hire is made easy with Countrybike.
Nestled by the historic Lamberhurst vineyards in the rolling Kent countryside, The Vineyard pub and restaurant is a 17th-century inn. The Vineyard has a rustic, laid-back look created using an eclectic mix of natural materials with sturdy old wood furniture and unique features such as the large bespoke mural – a real link to The Vineyard’s surroundings, telling the story of wine-making. Outside you’ll discover a large garden ideal for that refreshing summer pint picked from the bar’s wide selection of ales or a family lunch on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Traditional English cuisine and regional French brasserie style fare are featured on The Vineyard’s well thought out menu on which local and regional ingredients feature strongly.
Specifics for this location
Where the bikes are located
Our bikes are situated outside the front of the pub at the entrance to the car park – TN38EU.
Type of cycle routes: On country lanes and short sections of main road in the village.
Suitability: Older children & Adults comfortable with cycling on roads.
Difficulty: Medium routes available with some hills and short sections of main road.
Bewl Water route – please download our handy guide that you can also reference whilst out and about – The Vineyard – to Bewl Water cycling route map
How to rent the bikes
(You just need to do this once and it will take about 5 minutes)
- Download the Mobile app ‘Linka Go’ from either Google Play or the App Store
- We recommend this is done at home or on wifi before visiting the venue to hire the bikes if possible
- Register an account using your email address. Note you will need to validate the email address as part of the process (please also note that the system does not work with Outlook email addresses)
- Carefully read the terms and conditions
- Add valid credit card details to the app
- Check over the bike or bikes you plan to take out
- If you spot any problems with any of the bikes then don’t hire them and email us at email@example.com to let us know
- Make sure you choose a bike that has the right size frame for you (sizes are shown on the bike)
(takes about 30 seconds)
- Make sure you have a good signal to your phone or else join local wifi if available
- Make sure none of the spokes of the front wheel are touching the shackle of the lock
- Press the button on the right hand side of the lock to wake it up
- Open up the Linka Go app on your phone
- Click on the ‘Select bike’ button
- Scan the QR code or enter the 4 digit number of the bike found in the basket
- The lock on the bike should now open
- To add an additional bike to your rental then simply click on the ‘+’ button next to your current bike number in the centre of the App screen and repeat the scanning a QR code or entering a bike number process
- Please make sure to recheck the bike before heading off. If you spot any problems then please return the bike to the bike post, re-lock it and then email us to let us know. We will make sure you are refunded for any charges the app assumes to make for your rental of that bike
- You are all set – your countryside awaits…
- Return the bikes back to the original venue / bike stands that you hired them from
- Ensure your phone is switched on, mobile data and bluetooth are both enabled and that you have a mobile signal
- If you do not have a mobile data signal then please use local wifi if possible as internet connection is needed to end your rental
- If you are unable to connect to the internet then please use the ‘Pause Rental’ function on the Mobile app to re-lock the bike and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We can end your rental remotely and ensure you are only charged the correct amount
- Hook the lock at the front of the bike over the U-bolt which is attached to the bike post
- Turn the wheel slightly if needed to ensure that the shackle of the lock will not hit a spoke when it closes
- Open up the Mobile app and click the ‘End Rental’ button. This will close the lock of the bike the app is currently talking to (shown by the bike number in the bottom centre of the screen)
- Ensure the shackle of the lock closes fully and is not caught by a spoke
- If you have hired more than one bike, then repeat the process until all the bikes are re-locked
- Once all bikes have been returned then the app will give you a summary of the distance you travelled, the calories you should have burned and the overall fee for the rental
- We hope you had a good time. Please do let us know how it went. You can leave reviews on Facebook or Instagram @wearecountrybike or on Google maps where you see the Countrybike tag. Likewise, please email us at email@example.com. We are a family owned business and keen to do everything we can to offer a great service and keep improving as we go
The number of bikes stationed at this location
Each venue has a different number of bikes stationed at it. The number of bikes and the different size frames available at this location are shown below.
Dawes Aluminium framed 21 gear hybrid bike
Suitable for people with an inside leg measurement of around 30″ (indicative average height 5’7″-5’11”)
Can we deliver extra bikes if needed?
Pending availability, we can also deliver extra adult bikes as well as children’s 14 inch frame bikes in advance of your visit. To enquire about this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have have baby seats and a tag along too.
We do ask you give us at least 24 hours notice (the more the better) to try and plan things if you need extra bikes delivered to a venue. Email us at email@example.com to enquire.
For more details about our bikes see our bike page.
Are helmets available?
Basic helmets are available at a number of our venues free of charge when renting one or more of our bikes. For details of where to pick them up from, then please read instructions at the location (including terms and conditions for their use).